亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Children in Yemen face acute humanitarian needs: UNICEF

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-26 11:05:56|Editor: Chengcheng
      Video PlayerClose

      AMMAN, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Three years of war coupled with decades of chronic underdevelopment in Yemen has resulted in 11 million children plagued by malnutrition and disease and facing acute humanitarian needs, a senior official of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said here Sunday.

      According to Geert Cappelaere, UNICEF's regional director for the Middle East and North Africa, Yemeni children have been killed or seriously injured at a minimum rate of five per day in 2017 alone. The outbreaks of cholera and diphtheria have also claimed hundreds of children's lives.

      "Much more attention is needed to (be paid to) the situation in Yemen. This has been rightly described as one of the worst humanitarian crises the world has ever known," Cappelaere told reporters.

      Yemen, already one of the poorest countries in the Middle East, has been devastated by a civil war since 2015, when what was supposed to be a peaceful transition of power from the longtime president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, to his deputy Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi evolved into a regional conflict.

      With the Houthi rebel group joining the fight as well as an intervention by the coalition troops led by Saudi Arabia, Yemen has been dragged into a civil war which shows no sign of abating until today.

      "It is fair to say today that every single girl and boy in Yemen is facing acute humanitarian needs," Cappelaere said, adding that the war and underdevelopment had done "unfortunately nothing good" for the children.

      The official said there were 200,000 children suffering from severe malnutrition in 2015, already one of the highest numbers in the world by then. Yet, the number has doubled in three years' time till now, according to Cappelaere.

      Acknowledging that the cholera outbreak in Yemen had been stemmed and that a vaccination campaign against diphtheria had been conducted in the past two weeks, the official said health and humanitarian workers both in Yemen and from the international community "should pause for a moment to be proud" of these achievements.

      "But let's not fool ourselves," Cappelaere added, warning a comeback of the cholera epidemic following the start of the rainy season in a few weeks. He called for "huge and immediate investments" to prevent the possible outbreak.

      Further elaborating on the worsening humanitarian situation in the war-torn country, Cappelaere said that close to 2 million Yemeni children are deprived of education, and that a large proportion of girls are forced to marry at early ages -- 75 percent of them before the age of 18 and half younger than 15.

      "Sending your child to beg, sending your child to work, marry(ing) your girl at an early age -- (these) are not choices that any Yemeni father or mother want(s) to make," Cappelaere said. "It is not a choice, it is forced on them because of this brutal war."

      The official called for an immediate cease of war and urged authorities in all parts of the country to allow entry of humanitarian assistance without preconditions.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370658701
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品毛片av一区二区| 韩国日本国产亚洲自拍| 免费AV人体片在线观看| 国产免费人成视频在线观看播放| 国产一区二区三区杨幂| 久久久久AV成人无码网站| 猫咪AV成人永久网站在线观看 | 成人无码视频97免费| 亚欧乱色束缚一区二区三区| 精品国产v一区二区三区| 日韩在线视频不卡一区二区三区| 国产一区二区视频在线| 夜鲁鲁鲁夜夜综合视频| 亚洲香蕉av一区二区蜜桃| 亚洲AV一二三四区四色婷婷| 又湿又紧又大又爽a视频国产| 国产精品久久中文字幕| 欧美激情国产一区在线不卡| 日本久久久精品国产一区| 亚洲一区不卡在线导航| 国产亚洲精品自在久久77| 秋霞鲁丝片一区二区三区| 长春市| 狠狠综合亚洲综合亚色| 男人添女人下部全视频| 久久99精品久久久| 贵溪市| 国产精品女丝袜白丝袜 | 99久久久精品国产性黑人| 国产91丝袜在线观看| 人妻夜夜爽天天天爽欧美色院| 蜜桃一区二区三区在线看| 岛国熟女一区二区三区| 精品久久香蕉国产线看观看亚洲| 国产精品av在线一区二区三区| 国内自拍第一区二区三区| 色琪琪一区二区三区亚洲区 | 亚洲综合日韩中文字幕| 丰满熟妇人妻中文字幕| 国产成人AV大片大片在线播放| 丰满少妇棚拍无码视频|