亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: Arrest warrant for Lula changes Brazil's electoral landscape

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-04-06 16:48:51|Editor: Lifang
      Video PlayerClose

      by Chris Dalby

      BRASILIA, April 5 (Xinhua) -- Brazil's Supreme Federal Court on Thursday rejected a habeas corpus motion by former president and presidential candidate Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, which sharply changed the outlook for Brazil's general elections in October.

      Federal judge Sergio Moro, who oversaw Brazil's sprawling corruption investigation "Operation Car Wash," on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for Lula and ordered the former president to turn himself in to the authorities in Curitiba, capital of southern Parana State, by 5 p.m. local time (2000 GMT) on Friday to begin a 12 year and one month prison sentence for passive corruption and money laundering.

      Moro said in a statement that Lula would be kept apart from other prisoners, with a separate cell reserved for him, "without any risk to his moral or physical integrity."

      ELECTORAL LANDSCAPE SHARPLY CHANGED

      Earlier in the day, the Workers' Party (PT) said that Lula remained as its presidential candidate although Brazilian media reported Lula had told his close circle that he was essentially out of the presidential race.

      "We do not accept this incarceration as a done deal," Senator Gleisi Hoffmann, PT president, told the press.

      Under Brazilian law, any politician with a prison sentence is barred from running for political office.

      With six months remaining until the October elections, Lula has led opinion polls with about 35 percent of support, which showed clear margins of victory for him among other competitors.

      The PT had a clear strategy to support Lula at all costs but now has to consider another representative. It is still unclear which party member will be selected, with former Mayor of Sao Paulo Fernando Haddad and former Bahia Governor Jaques Wagner being choices.

      Meanwhile, Lula's imprisonment is an election game-changer, potentially benefitting several candidates who have so far not gained any major advantages.

      With Lula out of the race, far-right Jair Bolsonaro of the Social Liberal Party could lead the polls with a support rate of around 20 percent.

      However, it would be difficult for Bolsonaro, an advocate of far-right and populist political views, to court Lula's base of rural, working-class families.

      Lula's former environment minister, Marina Silva, who currently enjoys a 14 percent support rate, might have a chance to court ballots from the PT, given her track record on social and environmental issues.

      As the ruling Brazilian Democratic Movement party has not yet announced its candidate, its decision may be another factor influencing the outcome of the election.

      There has been speculation that Henrique Meirelles, current finance minister renowned for pushing the Brazilian economy out of recession, is considering running for president in October.

      Meanwhile, President Michel Temer has recently hinted he might seek re-election despite his abysmal approval ratings.

      Ciro Gomes, another left-wing politician from the Democratic Labor Party, who served as the minister for national integration under Lula's administration, could also seek PT support, with his campaign issues focusing on defending national sovereignty and Brazil's independence on the world stage.

      Finally, the Brazilian Social Democratic Party, another major political force in the country, has nominated Sao Paulo mayor Geraldo Alckmin as its campaign candidate, although he has not become an overwhelming favorite.

      POSSIBLE VIOLENCE ON THE HORIZON

      One worrying factor is the violence possibly triggered by the elections, which the Supreme Federal Court has warned against.

      Analysts also warned that there may be more demonstrations on the way to show support for or protest against Lula, considering there have been some in some major municipalities like Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.

      On Thursday, the situation escalated as the head of the army, General Eduardo Villas Boas, warned that the army would put an "end to impunity."

      This was seen as a thinly veiled message to the Supreme Federal Court concerning Lula and has been sharply criticized by judges, politicians and the media, who see it as overstepping the army's constitutionally mandated role.

      The hope that the October election would resolve Brazil's long-running political crisis seems to be diminishing.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370921031
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本高清视频在线www色| 彭水| 亚洲色图视频在线观看网站| a级国产精品片在线观看| 国产成在线观看免费视频| 日本道色综合久久影院| 久久婷婷五月综合色国产免费观看| 久9热免费精品视频在线观看 | 精品国精品国产自在久国产87| 红杏性无码免费专区| 国产无遮挡又黄又湿又爽毛片| 无码一区二区三区网站| 熟女少妇精品一区二区| 午夜麻豆影片在线观看| 国产av一区二区3区| 亚洲色图综合免费视频| 最新国产麻豆aⅴ精品无码| 粉嫩国产av一区二区三区| 澳门毛片精品一区二区三区 | 狠狠精品久久久无码中文字幕| 亚洲精品久久久久国色天香| 欧美亚洲另类制服卡通动漫 | 国产91色在线精品三级| 成年在线影视免费观看| 国产女主播福利一二区| 黔江区| 欧美日一本| 国产精品亚洲一区二区杨幂| 免费人成视频网站在线观看不卡 | 亚洲中文字幕人妻诱惑| 日韩欧美第一区二区三区| 午夜福利国产盗摄久久性| 日韩熟女乱综合一区二区| 亚洲国产高清美女在线观看| 亚洲mv国产精品mv日本mv| 国产AV影片麻豆精品传媒| 久久66热人妻偷产国产| 色二av手机版在线| 亚洲AV成人无码久久精品在| 国产免国产免‘费| 澳门毛片精品一区二区三区|