亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. strikes Syrian military targets ahead of int'l investigation into chemical weapons use

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-04-14 23:30:31|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      DAMASCUS, April 14 (Xinhua) -- At 3:55 a.m. local time (0055 GMT) on Saturday, the United States, Britain and France launched a missile attack on military positions in Syrian capital Damascus and the central province of Homs to retaliate for the Syrian government's alleged use of chemical weapons in a rebel-held district east of Damascus last week.

      People in Damascus woke up to the sounds of explosions before daybreak, watching red dots flying from earth to the sky, which later appeared to be the air defense responding to around 110 missiles launched by the three Western nations on Syrian military sites.

      The Syrian army said in a statement that the air defense system has intercepted most of the missiles, stressing its resolution to continue fighting the foreign-backed terrorism in Syria.

      For its part, the Russian Defense Ministry said the defense system intercepted 71 out of 103 missiles launched by the Western forces, giving extra details about the intercepted missiles.

      Among the intercepted missiles, four targeted the International Airport of Damascus, 12 were meant to hit the Dumair air base in the countryside of Damascus, and 18 were destroyed before reaching the Beli air base, according to the Russian Defense Ministry statement.

      It added five missiles were intercepted out of a total of nine that targeted the Mazzeh district west of Damascus.

      Also, 30 missiles targeted Jamraya and Barzeh and the air defense destroyed seven of them while the rest hit their targets.

      As for the province of Homs, the air defense system shot down all 12 missiles before reaching the Shuairat air base, the same air base that was targeted last April by the U.S. over similar allegations of chemical weapons use against the Syrian government.

      Also in Homs, the air defense deterred 13 out of 16 missiles that targeted the Homs air base.

      The attacks came just before the arrival of the international investigators of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), who are supposed to visit the district of Douma, where the alleged gas attack took place last Saturday.

      The Syrian Foreign Ministry said the U.S.-led missile attack was meant to impede the work of the OPCW investigation team, in order to cover the U.S. lies and fabrications about the alleged chemical weapon attack in Douma.

      The United States and its Western allies accused the Syrian government of adopting chlorine gas in the latter's recent military operation in Douma, which left civilians to suffocate.

      The Syrian government has repeatedly denied the allegations, claiming the rebels were fabricating it to draw foreign military action to Eastern Ghouta, the last rebel bastion east of the capital.

      Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said that the U.S.-led attack reflects the failure of the Western powers to achieve their goals in Syria after the defeat of the foreign-backed rebel militants, according to Syrian state news agency SANA.

      Assad made the remarks during a phone call with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who called Assad after the U.S-led strike on Syria, according to SANA.

      "The attack took place after the colonial forces which support the terrorists realized that they have lost control... and that they have lost their credibility in front of their people and the world," said Assad.

      He stressed his country's firm determination to continue fighting terrorism across Syria.

      For his part, Rouhani expressed his strongest condemnation against the attack, stressing Iran's support for Syria.

      The Iranian Foreign Ministry also strongly condemned the U.S., Britain and France for launching the airstrikes against Syria, calling the attack "a clear violation of international regulations and destruction to Syria's national sovereignty and integrity."

      Russia, another key ally of the Syrian government, also condemned the attack.

      Russian President Vladimir Putin called the missile strikes "an act of aggression against a sovereignty" which violates the United Nations' charter.

      Russia has also called for an immediate UN Security Council meeting to discuss the "aggressive actions" of the United States and its allies, he said.

      U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday ordered the U.S. armed forces to launch precision strikes on targets of the Syrian army that were associated with its chemical weapon capabilities.

      U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis said the Saturday's attack was a "one-time shot" to deliver a "strong" message to the Damascus regime.

      But in Damascus, people carried on with their daily routine without difficulties after they woke up to the huge explosion sounds.

      Earlier on Saturday, dozens of people gathered at the Umayyad Square in the heart of the capital, chanting for Assad and the Syrian army while condemning the U.S.-led attack.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521371114821
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费在线日韩| 久久免费看少妇免费观看| 朝鲜女人大白屁股ass| 免费人成在线高清网站| 国产91九色在线观看| 国产成年无码久久久免费| 欧美牲交a欧美牲交aⅴ图片| 亚洲成精品动漫久久精久| 亚洲国产一区二区三区视频在线| 内地自拍三级在线观看| 国产一级淫片a免费播放口| 欧美日韩国产va另类试看| 天堂在线视频精品| 中文字幕亚洲精品第一页| 一区视频在线观看免费播放.| 久久99精品久久久大学生| 亚洲中文久久久久久精品国产| 国产av区男人的天堂| 亚洲女同精品一区二区| 中文字幕精品乱码亚洲一区99| 武定县| 男人阁久久| 亚洲码欧美码一区二区三区| 久久国产香蕉| 国产丝袜美腿美女视频| 国产国语对白一区二区三区| 乱中年女人伦av二区| 精品深夜AV无码一区二区| 日韩精品中文字幕综合| 久久99久久久无码国产精品色戒| 亚洲中文有码字幕日本| 亚洲夂夂婷婷色拍ww47| 国产v精品成人免费视频400条| 三级国产女主播在线观看| 色熟妇人妻久久中文字幕| 幺女国产一级毛片| 江西省| 丝袜 亚洲 另类 欧美| 野花香电视剧在线观看高清中文版| 青青草免费在线播放视频五月天| 亚洲一区二区三区精品在线看|