亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: Further attacks unlikely to follow after U.S.-led airstrikes on Syria

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-04-15 06:11:26|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      BEIRUT, April 14 (Xinhua) -- The U.S.-led airstrikes on Saturday joined by France and Britain made good word on U.S. President Donald Trump's threat earlier in the week, but analysts predicted to see no escalated response or destabilization in the region.

      Despite damage of Syrian regimes facilities, Imad Salamay, director of the Institute for Social Justice and Conflict Resolution at the Lebanese American University said the airstrikes "will not bring major political consequences."

      "Neither Russia nor Iran wants to escalate the situation, as both countries are under serious scrutiny by the international community. They are fighting on so many fronts," Salamay said.

      Targeting the Syrian regime around dawn, over 100 missiles struck research centers, military and storage sites in Damascus as a response to alleged chemical attacks carried out by the Syrian government in Douma about a week prior.

      President Trump announced the offense from the White House, calling it a "strong deterrent against the production, spread and use of chemical weapons."

      He concluded his brief message explicitly singling out Russia and Iran for being associated with a nation carrying out "the mass murder of innocent men, women and children."

      Despite brewing tensions between the West and Russia, Salamay did not predict severe responses between the rivaling powers.

      "The only significance of this attack is that a stronger military alliance has been built between Britain, France and the United States. They have taken on more aggressive military positions, strengthening their coalition with clear intention to curb and contain Russian militaries expansion and influence in the region."

      According to the professor, Saturday's attacks serve as a message against Russia's growing influence and military expansion in the region.

      Calling the attacks "narrowly targeted," Sam Heller, senior fellow at the International Crisis Group, pointed out that no "major break" has occurred in the immediate aftermath of the bombings.

      "We'll have to see whether that effectively communicates a deterrent message, or if the Syrian government reads the strikes' limited scope as evidence of a lack of will and seriousness."

      As for Russia and Iran, Heller described it only as a waiting game.

      "We'll have to see how they choose to react."

      The alleged chemical attack in Syria's Douma reached a reported death toll of over 40 individuals, according to humanitarian workers and medics. It was immediately denounced by the United Nations as any use of chemical weaponry is a violation of international law.

      Both the United States and Britain have claimed to have proof that Syria is responsible for the chemical attack. On Saturday, France released a declassified intelligence report based upon open sources and intelligence pointing a finger at the Syrian regime.

      Following suit with previous chemical incidents, Assad has repeatedly denied the allegations. Its Russian ally took a more provocative stance, pointing its finger at Britain for "staging" the attacks.

      However, no international investigation has yet to take place as Russia and western allies are unable to agree on a response.

      Concerning the regimes battle over Syria's last rebel-held areas, Saturday's strikes will likely not see a dramatic affect on their strategies, Salamay said.

      "In Syria, the war will rage on. The Syrian regime will continue to attack. It may make them more cautious in terms of the weapons they choose to use if indeed they have been the ones responsible for past chemical attacks. But still, they wouldn't change the battle inside Syria," he added.

      While the West proclaimed success of the airstrike with Trump tweeting "Mission Accomplished," Damascus sent its own message remaining defiant with public nationalistic gathering. Soldiers and civilians were captured waving Syrian flags, dancing and laughing at dawn.

      The Syrian Presidency tweeted that "honorable souls cannot be humiliated," with a photo of a soldier next to the Syrian flag waving off any setbacks the attacks had brought.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521371116441
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一区二区三区爆白浆| 不卡一区二区三区四区视频| 日日摸夜夜摸狠狠摸婷婷| 中文字幕亚洲区第一页| 亚洲国产精品日韩专区av| 国产WW久久久久久久久久| 国产亚州精品女人久久久久久| 99久久婷婷国产综合精品电影| 日本在线a一区视频高清视频| 中文字幕人妻日韩精品| 妇女自拍偷自拍亚洲精品| 五月激情狠狠开心五月| 嘉义市| 亚洲国产成人久久综合一区77| 无套内射视频囯产| 免费99精品国产自在在线| 精品国产迪丽热巴在线| 美女一区二区三区在线观看视频| 国产一区二区亚洲精品| 亚洲深夜福利| 开心久久综合激情五月天| 国产精品SM捆绑调教视频| 一区二区三区国产美女在线播放| 国产女主播福利一二区| 免费在线日韩| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区综合部 | 日日躁欧美老妇| 国产精品一区2区三区| 人人妻人人澡av| 韩国善良美丽的老师2| 亚洲综合一| 国产精品亚洲二区三区三州| 久久久99久久久国产自输拍| 精品国产丝袜高清在线| 久久久久亚洲AV成人网人人软件| 亚洲精品2区在线观看| 视频女同久久久一区二区三区| 91亚洲国产三上悠亚在线播放| 亚洲精品无码国产片| 亚洲码在线中文在线观看| 日本一区二区三区啪啪|