亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Pompeo lashes out at Iran, threatens strongest sanctions in history

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-05-22 00:14:09|Editor: Chengcheng
      Video PlayerClose

      U.S.-WASHINGTON D.C.-POMPEO-IRAN-SPEECH

      U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo delivers a speech regarding U.S. policy after withdrawing from Iran nuclear deal at the Heritage Foundation in Washington D.C., the United States, on May 21, 2018. Mike Pompeo on Monday chastised Iran for its nuke and missile programs, vowing to issue Tehran the toughest sanctions in history if it does not change course. (Xinhua/Yang Chenglin)

      WASHINGTON, May 21 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday chastised Iran for its nuke and missile programs, vowing to issue Tehran the toughest sanctions in history if it does not change course.

      In a speech at the Heritage Foundation, a U.S.-based conservative think tank, the U.S. top diplomat rolled out a "new Iran strategy," issuing tough rhetoric against Tehran and summoning calls for frustrated U.S. allies.

      Defending the U.S. withdrawal from the historic Iran nuke deal, Pompeo said Iran must report to the International Atomic Energy Agency about its nuclear program, end the proliferation of its missiles, and stop supporting "terrorist groups" in the Middle East.

      "We will ensure freedom of navigation on the waters in the region. We will track down Iranian operatives and their Hezbollah proxies operating around the world and crush them," said Pompeo. "Iran will never again have carte blanche to dominate the Middle East."

      Speaking of the U.S. upcoming sanctions, Pompeo said "these will be the strongest sanctions in history by the time we are done."

      "The sting of sanctions will only grow more painful if the regime does not change course from the unacceptable and unproductive path it has chosen," he said. "We will also ensure Iran has no possible path to a nuclear weapon -- ever."

      Pompeo said that the United States wanted a better deal to address its concerns on Iran.

      "Any new deal must begin with defining what the world should demand from Iran," he said. "America did not create this need for changed behavior, Iran did."

      Outlining the bid to establish an international coalition to pressure Iran, Pompeo said "we want support of our most important allies and partners in the region and around the globe."

      "We welcome any nation which is sick and tired" of Iran's behavior, he noted, adding that the United States will send teams around the globe to explain the U.S. motives and build a global momentum.

      The speech came after the Trump administration withdrew from the historic Iran nuke deal earlier this month despite the global outcry.

      While announcing the pullout, U.S. President Donald Trump vowed to impose "the highest level" of economic sanctions on Tehran and inflict punishments like secondary sanctions on nations that have business links with Tehran.

      U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin also said in an announcement that "sanctions will be reimposed subject to certain 90-day and 180-day wind-down periods. At the conclusion of the wind-down periods, the applicable sanctions will come into full effect. This includes actions under both our primary and secondary sanctions authorities."

      The United States' European allies, which have many economic links with Tehran, have been particularly frustrated.

      French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire responded that Europe should not accept the United States' playing the role of the "world's economic police," or become U.S. "vassals" that "obey decisions taken by the United States while clinging to the hem of their trousers."

      German Chancellor Angela Merkel also said on May 11 that the U.S. exit decision "breaks the trust in the international order."

      Although the deal was far from ideal and many issues still remain unresolved, the U.S. withdrawal is a cause of great concern and regret, she said.

      The European Commission on Friday proposed the activation of a dormant statute to shield European firms doing business with Iran due to the renewed U.S. sanctions.

      After the exit announcement by Trump, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said that China regrets the U.S. decision.

      Geng said China urged all parties to proceed "in the long-term and overall situation in a responsible manner, persist in solving and managing differences through political and diplomatic means, and return as soon as possible to the correct track of continuing to implement the comprehensive agreement."

      "A bigger, better deal is a pipe dream," said Robert Einhorn, a former State Department official and non-proliferation expert, at an event of the Brookings Institution.

      He noted that Washington's "real objective is not really a bigger, better, deal, the real objective is to put immense pressure on Iran" to weaken the Iranian government.

      However, Einhorn predicted that "new sanctions won't be as crippling as those put in place in 2012," partly because other countries "strongly oppose" Trump's decision to abrogate the deal.

      "Other countries will defy or ignore sanctions, and look for workarounds," Einhorn said.

         1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next  

      KEY WORDS: Iran
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001371958641
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费一级毛片完整版在线看| 成人国产永久福利看片| 色综合色综合色综合久久| 久久国产精品视频影院| 啪啪av一区二区三区| 在线亚洲AV成人无码一区小说 | 国产精品久久国产三级| 亚洲av日韩片在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩另类精品一区| 欧美熟妇色| 一级毛片在线观看免费| 定结县| 国产欧美日韩图片一区二区| 国产免费久久久久久无码| 手机看片AV永久免费无码| 成人国产在线观看高清不卡| 国产精品一区二区日韩精品 | 中文字幕一区二区彩花| 人妻电影| 高清av一区二区三区在线| 无码中文av有码中文av| 久久香蕉国产线看观看精品蕉| 乱人伦人妻系列| 精品一区二区三区色噜噜| 樱花AV在线无码| 色成年激情久久综合| 国产欧美综合在线观看第十页| 青青青伊人色综合久久| 最新精品国偷自产在线婷婷| 最新亚洲精品国偷自产在线| 国产精品久久自在自2021| 久久aⅴ无码av高潮AV喷| 波霸影院一区二区| 亚洲大成色WWW永久网站| 久久婷婷五月综合色和| 沭阳县| 国产精品一区2区三区| 久久精品国产亚洲av久| 成年大片免费视频观看| 激情五月天伊人久久| 日韩少妇人妻vs中文字幕|