亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN Security Council imposes arms embargo on South Sudan

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-14 04:11:23|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      UN-SECURITY COUNCIL-SOUTH SUDAN-ARMS EMBARGO-RESOLUTION-ADOPTION

      U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley (C, Front) speaks before the Security Council voting on a resolution to impose an arms embargo on South Sudan at the UN headquarters in New York, on July 13, 2018. The UN Security Council on Friday adopted a resolution to impose an arms embargo on South Sudan in addition to current sanctions, till May 31, 2019. (Xinhua/Li Muzi)

      UNITED NATIONS, July 13 (Xinhua) -- The UN Security Council on Friday adopted a resolution to impose an arms embargo on South Sudan in addition to current sanctions, till May 31, 2019.

      Resolution 2428 won nine votes in favor, the minimum requirement for adoption. The remaining six members of the Security Council -- Bolivia, China, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan and Russia -- abstained.

      To be adopted, a Security Council resolution needs nine votes in favor and no veto from any of the five permanent members of the council -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States.

      Resolution 2428 renews a travel ban and asset freeze against designated individuals and entities till May 31, 2019. It also renews the mandate of the Panel of Experts, who assist the work of the sanctions committee, until July 1, 2019.

      The resolution adds two individuals to the blacklist for travel ban and asset freeze. They are Malek Reuben Riak Rengu, a former deputy chief of staff of South Sudan's army, and Paul Malong Awan, the former chief of staff of South Sudan's army, who rebelled last year.

      The resolution expresses deep concern at the failures of South Sudanese leaders to bring an end to the hostilities and condemns the continued and flagrant violations of previous peace agreements.

      The Security Council adopted a U.S.-drafted resolution on May 31 to renew South Sudan sanctions temporarily till July 15, 2018, to allow time for the introduction of an arms embargo unless the parties stop fighting and agree on a viable political agreement.

      A recent report of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said fighting did not stop in South Sudan.

      Before the vote, Ethiopian Ambassador to the United Nations Tekeda Alemu, whose country is leading regional efforts to revitalize the South Sudan peace process, told the Security Council that the timing for the introduction of an arms embargo is not right and asked members not to vote for the U.S. draft.

      The peace process in South Sudan is at a very critical juncture and for the first time in a long while there is some hope for a possible breakthrough, said the ambassador.

      The introduction of an arms embargo at this juncture would have serious implications and cause confusion among the parties in South Sudan, he argued.

      "That is why we find it difficult to vote in favor of the this draft resolution, why, in our view, other council members should not, as well."

      U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, who spoke before the Ethiopian ambassador, was trying to push the draft through, arguing that the arms embargo is a measure to protect civilians and help stop the violence.

      "Peace in South Sudan will not come by letting the parties get their hands on more weapons. The opposite is true. Supporting an arms embargo will show the parties that we are fed up with the delays and the stalling (in the peace process). It will show our resolve to make life better for the people of South Sudan," she told the council.

      "We can come together to show South Sudan that the era of impunity is over. We can show the world that the Security Council will live up to its responsibility to help maintain international peace and security. Above all, we can send a small signal of hope to the people of South Sudan."

      Shortly after its independence from Sudan in 2011, South Sudan plunged into civil war. Up to 300,000 people are estimated to have been killed since late 2013. More than 1.5 million people have fled to neighboring countries, and many more are internally displaced. The UN sanctions have been in place since 2015.

         1 2 3 4 Next  

      KEY WORDS: South Sudan
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373227391
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产69精品久久久久人妻| 国产精品一码二码三码在线| 国产免费视频一区二区| 熟女少妇丰满一区二区| 中文字幕日本人妻一区| 国产精品美女久久久久久大全| 黄色片一区| 亚洲区一区二在线播放| 色屁屁www免费看欧美激情| 国产精品亚洲A∨无码遮挡| 成年大片免费视频观看| 国产精品美女主播一区| 麻豆国产成人AV网| 日韩视频在线观看一区| 中文字幕永久在线观看| 久久伊人精品只有这里有| 一区二区三区国产偷拍| 久久99精品久久久久九色| 国产精品视频公开费视频| 一区二区三区在线观看日本视频 | 色婷婷亚洲一区二区三区| 青青手机在线视频观看| 在线中文字幕日韩有码| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久99| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 日产精品一区二区| 拉萨市| 性色av成人精品久久| 国产性色av高清在线观看| 星空天美mv免费观看| 亚洲一区二区三区色婷婷| 亚洲av影院一区二区三区四区| 日本一区二区在线免费观看| 亚洲色成人www在线观看| 日本黄色一区二区三区视频| 国产一区二区三区视频免费| 欧美日韩免费专区在线观看| 麻豆国产在线观看一区二区| 中国少妇久久一区二区| 一区二区三区熟女人妻| 成人午夜伦理在线观看|