亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Greek PM calls for national mourning for wildfires victims

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-24 21:20:30|Editor: Shi Yinglun
      Video PlayerClose

      ATHENS, July 24 (Xinhua) -- Greece's Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras Tuesday called for three days of national mourning for wildfires victims which currently stood at at least 50 and hundreds more were injured, according to the latest official count by local authorities.

      "There are no words to describe the feelings we are all feeling at these hours. The country is living through an unspeakable tragedy," the Greek leader said in a statement broadcast on state broadcaster ERT.

      "Nothing and nobody will be forgotten. Nothing and nobody will be left without help and the assistance of the state. But also, nothing will left unanswered," he said, thanking foreign leaders who have been expressing solidarity and offering help.

      Greece is going through one of its toughest moments, but will stand upright again, the Greek prime minister stressed.

      Greece faces since Monday one of the deadliest blazes to hit the country in more than a decade. In 2007 over 80 people were killed in dozens of fires nationwide in Greece.

      On Tuesday fears were expressed that the final death toll would rise further, as at least 10 of the 156 injured were fighting for their lives, according to information from the health ministry and a still unclear number of people remained missing, according to the Fire Brigade.

      Speaking to local media, Evangelos Bournous Mayor of Rafina-Pikermi, the municipality in eastern Attica which has been most affected by the blazes, appeared concerned that the number of casualties has already hit 60. More charred bodies had been recovered in residential areas by the seaside and miles from the shores in the past few hours, he said, citing police sources.

      Most casualties were reported at the settlements of Neos Voutzas and Mati, some 35 kilometers east of the Greek capital, as people got trapped in the flames or drowned while trying to escape swimming at the sea.

      At least 715 persons were transferred to safety to the nearby port of Rafina by dozens of Greek Coast Guard vessels and private boats, authorities said.

      Some 1,000 houses and 300 cars have been destroyed, according to initial estimates by the municipality.

      Eastern Attica has been declared in state of emergency as well as western Attica, where a large fire also burnt a pine forest and dozens of homes near the resort town of Kineta, 50 kilometers west of Athens.

      A third blaze at Kalamos resort town to the north which broke seven hours after the first fire at Kineta, also forced hundreds of people to flee their homes.

      All blazes were partially put under control by Tuesday, but firefighters were still battling flare ups, according to the Fire Service.

      At least 47 fires broke out across Greece on Monday and Tuesday, the Fire Service said.

      The Greek government has raised questions about arson, as fires started in many sites in parallel as winds reaching up to 9 on the Beaufort scale were blowing.

      Supreme Court Chief Prosecutor Xeni Dimitriou ordered an investigation into the causes of the devastating fires.

      Greece has requested European support to extinguish the fire fronts and personnel, fire engines and water dropping aircraft from Cyprus and Spain were expected to be deployed in Attica later Tuesday, government spokesman Dimitris Tzanakopoulos announced.

      In a press statement the Greek Foreign Ministry thanked also Turkey, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Israel and the European Commission for offering support.

      Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos and Premier Tsipras have received calls of support from the President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker and many foreign leaders, the government said.

      Meanwhile Greek citizens were en masse responding to the calls of authorities to donate blood for the injured and collect emergency supplies, such as medicines, baby milk, packaged food products and bottled water. Local hotels and private schools offered shelter to people left homeless, while restaurants and supermarkets provided free meals.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373456441
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美人与动欧交视频| 日韩亚洲国产综合二区| 一区二区三区婷婷中文字幕| 99热这里只有精品久久6| 亚洲av在线播放观看| 亚洲av乱码一区二区三区女同| 久久无码高潮喷水免费看| 国产一区二区三区精品自拍| xxxxfree少妇过瘾| 国内精品久久久久影院不卡| 午夜亚洲国产理论片二级港台二级| 激情综合网缴情五月天| 偷拍女厕女澡堂视频在线观看| 日本二区三区视频免费观看| 亚洲国产欧美另类va在线观看 | 99在线观看免费视频| 一区二区丝袜美腿视频| 国产精品毛片av一区二区| 国产成人精品aaaa视频一区| 亚洲av无码一区东京热久久| 色欲av永久无码精品无码蜜桃| 中文字幕久久精品波多野结百度| 综合国产av一区二区三区 | 网友自拍人妻一区二区三区三州| 星座| 久久中文字幕av第二页| 亚洲高清无在码在线电影| 国产欧美日韩综合在线第一 | 久久久精品免费国产四虎| 337p日本欧洲亚洲大胆| chⅰnⅰe老妇高潮| 粉嫩av一区二区在线观看| 久操加勒比视频在线观看| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久不卡| 九九热在线免费视频观看| 日本中文字幕有码高清| 精品国产乱来一区二区三区| 国产伦理自拍视频在线| 超级碰碰人妻中文字幕| 黑人av无码一区|