亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Death toll in rain-related incidents in India's Kerala rises to 67

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-16 00:10:24|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      NEW DELHI, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- The toll in rain-related incidents since Aug. 8 in the southern Indian state of Kerala has touched 67, its Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said.

      "Kerala is going through a serious situation," the chief minister said.

      Among the worst affected districts are Idukki, Wayanad, Pallakad, Malappuram, Kochi, and state capital Thirvananthapuram. "Some 11 people died in Malappuram district alone Wednesday," a disaster management official said.

      The rain turned out to be Kerala's worst monsoon in almost a century, he added.

      Apart from the casualties, more than 10,000 km of roads and hundreds of homes have been destroyed or damaged in the heavy rains-triggered floods in the state, prompting the state government to cancel celebrations for Onam, a major festival in southern India.

      The Kochi airport, one of the busiest in southern India, has been shut down following flooding of the runaway. "Kochi airport operations have been temporarily suspended till Aug. 18 afternoon since the inflow of water is still on a raising trend," a spokesperson told media.

      Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about the flood-affected state in his address to the nation on the occasion of the country's Independence Day from the iconic Red Fort in the national capital.

      "Many parts of the nation witnessed a good monsoon but at the same time parts of India have been affected by flooding. My thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives due to floods in various parts of India," he said.

      The weather department has predicted more rains in the next three days and sounded a fresh alert. "People living on river banks in the rain-hit districts have been asked to relocate, while fishermen urged not to venture into the Arabian Sea," the disaster relief official said.

      Officials said that several dams, particularly the Idukki dam, the biggest arch dam in Asia, have been opened to release excess water. All the shutters of the Idukki dam were opened last week for the first time after a gap of 26 years.

      Apart from the National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF), Indian Army, Navy and Air Force have been pressed into rescue work. "Some 14 NDRF teams and 10 columns of Army are now in action in Thrissur, Ernakulam, Alappuzha, Wayand, Kozhikode and Idukki districts," sources said.

      Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh, who undertook an aerial survey of the state on Sunday, had termed the situation in Kerala as serious.

      This is the state's worst monsoon rains since 1924. Last month, rain-related incidents in Kerala claimed 40 lives.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001373932211
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美成人影院亚洲综合图| 国产成人亚洲综合小说区| 无码麻豆国产精品| 日本熟日本熟妇中文在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲不av麻豆| 成人国产精品一区二区免费麻豆| 精品国产69亚洲一区二区三区| 国内精品久久久久久久久蜜桃| 曰韩亚洲AV人人夜夜澡人人爽| 亚洲人成在线观看网站不卡| 久久久精品人妻一区二| 91精品一区二区蜜桃| 亚洲成A人A∨久在线观看| 小辣椒福利视频导航| 久久99综合精品国产首页| 国语憿情少妇无码av| 国产精品亚洲А∨天堂免下载| 巴林右旗| 麻豆av一区二区天堂| 中文字幕第一页在线无码一区二区| 亚洲免费人成在线视频观看| 国产av无码专区亚洲版综合| 国产成人久久精品激情91| 一本大道人妻中文字幕| 免费人成视频欧美| 精品一二三四区在线观看| 亚洲人av高清无码| 平山县| 欧美a视频在线观看| 深夜在线观看免费av| 97人妻无码一区二区精品免费 | 日本嗯啊在线观看| 成人乱人乱一区二区三区| 2019国产在线| 固镇县| 日韩Va亚洲va欧美Ⅴa久久| 亚洲精品tv久久久久久久久| 久久精品亚洲一区二区| 久久久亚洲精品一区二区| 国产精品麻豆va在线播放| av无码中出一区二区三区|