亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN Syria envoy urges stakeholders to avert tragedy in Idlib

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-09-08 02:47:32|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      UN-SECURITY COUNCIL-SYRIA

      Syrian Ambassador to the United Nations Bashar Ja'afari (front) speaks at a Security Council meeting on the situation in Idlib at the UN headquarters in New York, Sept. 7, 2018. The UN special envoy for Syria said Friday that the situation there had all the "ingredients" for a "perfect storm" with devastating humanitarian consequences, urging all stakeholders to find a solution to avert a tragedy. (Xinhua/Li Muzi)

      UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 7 (Xinhua) -- The UN special envoy for Syria said Friday that the situation there had all the "ingredients" for a "perfect storm" with devastating humanitarian consequences, urging all stakeholders to find a solution to avert a tragedy.

      Staffan de Mistura, the UN secretary-general's special representative for Syria, briefed the Security Council by videoconference on the situation in Idlib, where an eminent offensive by the Syrian forces, aided by Russia, is likely to take place.

      Speaking from Geneva, he pointed to the intensified military presence and increased airstrikes in the northwestern region, which have prompted fears of a potential humanitarian catastrophe in the last rebel stronghold.

      Idlib is one of the four "de-escalation zones" in Syria agreed under a deal reached last year by Iran, Russia and Turkey in Kazakhstan's capital Astana. The other three have all been violated.

      The UN estimates nearly three million people are trapped there, half of whom were displaced from other parts of the country. While most are civilians, terrorist organizations, foreign fighters and armed opposition groups have also gathered in Idlib.

      "I have laid out...all the ingredients for a perfect storm. The dangers are profound that any battle for Idlib could be, would be, a horrific and bloody battle," the UN envoy said, adding civilians are its potential victims, and there are ever-present dangers in the case of a full-scale assault of incidents, rapid escalations, involving regional and international players."

      "The Security Council cannot accept that the civilians of Idlib must face this type of fate. Efforts to combat terrorism do not supersede obligations under international law in the moral conscience of humanity. We must put the sanctity of human civilian life above everything else."

      De Mistura urged all stakeholders in the crisis to find a solution to prevent a tragedy in Idlib while also addressing the issue of terrorism.

      The three "Astana guarantors" -- Iran, Russia and Turkey -- met in Tehran on Friday and de Mistura will hold talks with them in Geneva starting Monday.

      He will also meet with representatives from Egypt, France, Germany, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Britain and the United States later in the week.

      "It would be the ultimate failure of imagination and of diplomacy if, with these efforts, we simply saw an increase of military activities," he said.

         1 2 3 Next  

      KEY WORDS: Syria
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001374528041
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 高清视频在线观看+免费| 亚洲欧美日韩综合久久| 国产午夜理论片不卡| 亚洲欧洲av综合色无码| 精品无码一区二区的天堂| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人 | 男人的天堂在线无码观看视频| 欧洲freexxxx性播放| 国内精品久久久久影院蜜芽| 最近韩国电影片在线观看免费高清| 在线观看欧美国产| 人妻系列无码专区久久五月天| 国产白浆精品一区二区三区 | 亚洲一区二区三区在线观看蜜桃| 手机看片国产日韩| 国产激情久久久久久熟女老人av| 仙踪林果冻传媒一区二区| 精品国产一区91在线| 又湿又紧又大又爽A视频国产| 国产人禽杂交18禁网站| 亚洲精品成人av一区| 在线观看精品国产自拍| 日韩亚洲制服丝袜中文字幕| 国语精品自产拍在线观看网站| 亚洲熟女乱综合一区二区三区| 五月天精品视频在线观看| 亚洲精品国产美女久久久| 人妻精品久久中文字幕| 中文字幕天天躁日日躁狠狠| 超碰伊人久久大香线蕉综合| 亚洲一区二区三区小说| 激情综合色区网激情五月| av免费在线免费在线观看| 奉新县| 四虎成人精品无码永久在线| 中国老妇女50xxxxhd| 国产AV巨作丝袜秘书| 成年无码av片在线狼人| 国内精品久久久久久久久蜜桃| 国内精品中文字幕一区| 中文字幕永久免费观看|