亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Erdogan sets election in Syria as precondition for Turkey's withdrawal

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-11 21:38:42|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      ANKARA, Oct. 11 (Xinhua) -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said his country will not leave Syria until a general election is held in the war-torn country, signaling that Turkish military would continue to stay in its neighbor country for an undetermined amount of time.

      "Whenever the Syrian people hold an election, we will leave Syria to its owners," Erdogan said during an interview with broadcaster TRT World.

      Turkey has an undisclosed number of troops in several Syrian regions along the 900 km border which separates the two countries. Ankara sent troops to Syria in August 2016 to clear a border area of fighters belonging to the Islamic State (IS).

      It launched another operation earlier this year in the northern Syrian enclave of Afrin to remove Kurdish fighters of the U.S.-backed People's Protection Units (YPG), which Ankara considers as the local branch of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK).

      Last month, Erdogan agreed with Russian President Vladimir Putin to establish a "demilitarized zone".

      The planned buffer zone is 15 to 20 km wide and should be established by Oct. 15.

      The zone will include areas in Idlib, which is the last major rebel stronghold in Syria, as well as adjacent countryside areas of the provinces of Hama, Latakia and Aleppo.

      According to the agreement, heavy weapons, tanks, rocket systems and mortars of all rebels would be removed by Oct. 10.

      For Turkey, sending troops to Syria is foremost on national security concerns.

      "If a viable peaceful settlement is reached in Syria, all countries who have a military presence there should withdraw their forces. Otherwise, Turkish forces will not leave Syria unilaterally and no one has the right to demand that from us," said a Turkish government source to Xinhua.

      "We have a national security interest to preserve. We are there because Syria is our neighbor ... we have to protect our interest and prevent any threat from this country," added the source on condition of anonymity.

      Turkey has established 12 observation points in Idlib along with Russia and Iran. As part of its diplomatic efforts to prevent what the UN fears may be a "bloodbath" in Idlib, Ankara has been reaching out to other stakeholder nations.

      Later this month, a four-way talk between Turkey, Germany, Russia and France over the Idlib situation is expected to be held after Erdogan made a state visit to Berlin in September.

      The Turkish leader wants its NATO ally, the United State, to rush to comply on the roadmap which the two countries agreed in June to bring about the retreat of Kurdish YPG elements from the northern Syrian town of Manbij.

      This location and the YPG has been a major sticking point in the strained relations between the two NATO partners. Ankara says it will not tolerate steps by the YPG to establish a Kurdish-ruled zone in Syria.

      Erdogan warned that his country would do almost everything to clear Manbij city and east of the Euphrates river from the YPG.

      Expanding Turkey's military campaign into the much larger Kurdish-held territory east of the Euphrates would risk of confronting the U.S. troops, deployed alongside a YPG-dominated force there.

      The United States has around 20 bases and an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 troops in the area under YPG control.

      However, experts believe that Erdogan's fierce remarks do not imply a prelude to a military confrontation but rather the will to put his mark in ongoing discussions with the United States over the sensitive issue.

      "A military operation like the two cross-border operations that Turkey organized in the past is highly unlikely at this stage. Turkey preferably wants to increase pressure on the American side to abide by the 'roadmap' that they had established," Oytun Orhan, researcher from the Ankara-based think tank SETA, told Xinhua.

      According to the expert, Turkey wants to put its newly-earned diplomatic power to good use by forcing the United States to finally cooperate and possibly concede on the Manbij issue.

      In an attempt that seemingly aims to avert further escalation, the United States has sent its first batch of army personnel in Turkey to join training for joint patrols in Manbij.

      However, this is far from satisfactory, according to Turkish sources, and the Manbij issue could be a new flashlight of the already heavily deteriorated Turkish-U.S. relations.

      "Turkey's continued rhetoric that the next military operations in Syria will target YPG-controlled eastern Euphrates displays a blurry future in the Turkish-U.S. ties," Serkan Demirtas, local political analyst, told Xinhua.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001375262181
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 波多结野衣一区二区三区| 视频观看一区二区在线| 玩弄放荡人妻一区二区三区| 免费女人高潮流视频在线观看| 99中文字幕国产精品| 亚洲男人天堂2018| 久久一本日韩精品中文字幕屁孩| 无码伊人久久大香线蕉| 精品人妻VA出轨中文字幕| 久久香蕉国产线看观看猫咪av| 国内视频偷拍久久伊人网| 韩日无码不卡| 清河县| 久久久久成人精品免费播放| 日韩丝袜美腿在线观看| 日本尺码与亚洲尺码区别| 亚洲美女国产精品久久久久久久久| 绿帽人妻被插出白浆免费观看| 国产短视频精品一区二区| 日本一区二区三区专线| 老熟女熟妇嗷嗷叫91| 69天堂国产在线精品观看| 欧美午夜全部免费影院| 日日摸日日碰人妻无码老牲 | 护士张开腿被奷日出白浆| 日本免费一区二区三区中文| 修文县| 国产乱人伦真实精品视频| 久久久精品免费国产四虎| 亚洲综合无码AV在线观看| 男女视频在线一区二区| 国产日韩精品一区二区在线观看播放| 欧美午夜视频在线| 亚洲av色福利天堂| 湘潭市| 亚洲性爱区免费视频一区| 欧美www在线观看| 亚洲综合一区二区三区视频 | 久久精品免费一区二区| 亚洲国产精品久久久久婷婷软件| 超碰av男人一区二区|