亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Trump slams Cohen in wake of former personal lawyer's new guilty plea

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-11-30 03:34:27|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday called his former personal lawyer Michael Cohen "a weak person" after he pleaded guilty earlier in the day to lying to Congress about a plan to build a Trump real estate project in Russia.

      Cohen is "a weak person" who's lying to get a reduced sentence, Trump said at the White House before leaving for Argentina for the upcoming Group of 20 summit.

      During a surprise appearance in federal court in New York Thursday morning, Cohen pleaded guilty to a single count of making false statements to Congress about a Trump Tower development project in Moscow, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Manhattan.

      Cohen reached the plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is looking into the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and any potential collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and Moscow.

      Federal prosecutors said Cohen lied in a letter submitted in August 2017 to Congressional panels, in which he claimed the Trump Tower project had ended by January 2016, while planning reportedly continued months longer during the presidential campaign.

      Cohen said he lied about the timing of the negotiations and other details to be consistent with Trump's "political message."

      Responding to Cohen's guilty plea, Trump told reporters that he was never enthused about the project and that he was focused on running for the presidency at that time.

      "Even if he was right, it doesn't matter," the president said. "When I run for president, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to do business. I was doing a lot of different things when I was running."

      He said the deal was "very public" and he "wasn't trying to hide anything."

      In August, Cohen pleaded guilty to eight counts of campaign finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud. But that case was handled by federal prosecutors in New York, rather than the Mueller team. Cohen is scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 12.

      According to the plea agreement, Cohen has been in discussions with Mueller's team, beginning in August and continuing through last week.

      Cohen served as a vice-president of the Trump Organization and special counsel to Trump and previously served as co-president of Trump Entertainment.

      Trump has recently escalated attacks against the Mueller probe that he has frequently slammed as a "hoax" or "witch hunt." He has denied any wrongdoing or trying to shut down the investigation but has urged Mueller to wrap it up.

      Russia has repeatedly denied meddling in the U.S. elections.

      Cohen's new guilty plea also comes days after embattled former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was accused of repeatedly lying to investigators after pleading guilty to federal charges related to his work as an unregistered lobbyist for Ukraine -- prior to his time with the Trump campaign.

      Prosecutors alleged that Manafort had breached a plea agreement that he signed in September with Mueller, but his attorneys denied that he had lied to federal investigators.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091376405391
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 色窝综合网| 蜜桃视频色版在线观看| 日产精品一区二区三区| 日本久久一区二区三区高清| 久久国产精品免费一区| 农村肥熟女一区二区三区| 国产粉嫩嫩00在线正在播放| 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 日本熟女人妻一区二区三区| 久久久久99精品成人片欧美一区| 天天摸天天做天天爽| 免费AV人体片在线观看| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久软件| 中文字幕av一区二区三区| 国产国产人免费观看在线视频 | 粉嫩蜜臀av一区二区三区| 精品18在线观看免费视频| 深夜福利啪啪片| 国产精品亚洲а∨天堂网不卡| 两个人免费视频大全毛片| 永久无码在线观看| 国产免费牲交视频| 乱公和我做爽死我视频| 日本一区二区精品专区| 国产人成在线成免费视频| 国产精品老熟女露脸视频| 巨胸不知火舞露双奶头无遮挡| 久久久一本精品99久久精品77 | 无码国产精品一区二区vr老人| 国产av夜夜欢一区二区三区| 日韩欧美亚洲国产一区二区三区| 不卡免费av在线高清| 无码伊人久久大蕉中文无码| 国内精品九九久久久精品| 午夜精品电影你懂的| 军事| av无码特黄一级| 在线中文字幕人妻视频| 国产精品美女久久久久浪潮AVⅤ| 精品国产v一区二区三区| 精品少妇无码一区二区三批|