亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Feature: East Africa fail in bid to stage AFCON

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-21 22:08:58|Editor: mym
      Video PlayerClose

      By John Kwoba

      NAIROBI, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- The Council of East and Central Africa Football Association (CECAFA) says the region has failed to use its economic power to develop football or host the continent's biggest football showpiece, the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).

      West and North Africa have dominated the tournament in recent years, and CECAFA secretary-general Nicholas Musonye wants the east to bid to stage the tournament in a bid to boost the development of the sport in the region.

      "Where are East Africa's candidates? We have had this tournament many times in West or North Africa. Southern Africa has also had its share with South Africa. But East Africa has been left out, not because they present weak bids, but no country in the region has shown interest to stage the competition," Musonye said in Nairobi.

      Early this month, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) awarded Egypt the rights to stage the 2019 tournament in June, replacing Cameroon, which had failed to meet organization demands, forcing the continental body to strip it of the rights to stage Africa's top international football tournament.

      It was the fourth successive time that the Africa Cup of Nations has had to change host country at short notice, and Cameroon becomes the seventh country to be stripped of the organizational honor.

      In 1996, all eyes were on Kenya's return to the Africa Cup of Nations as hosts. But they lost the hosting rights because the country was not ready.

      "Kenya are always jokers in regard to sports. We don't give them the right support. We have no structures to help budding players get through to the international scene. What we have is individual brilliance and a few corporates helping through their CSR and welfare," said Musonye.

      "This needs to change. Football and other sports should be seen as a crucial industry through which youth can have a lifeline."

      As in 1996, the last time a country from East Africa bid for the Africa Cup of Nations, Kenya's playing facilities were found to be below standard.

      This failure hurt the country and its footballing activities, and a similar scenario occurred in January 2018, when Morocco was nominated to replace Kenya in hosting the 2018 Africa Nations Championships, a tournament only for local-based players plying their trade in their country of birth.

      "Allowing this to happen twice is a disaster," said Nick Mwendwa, chairman of Football Kenya Federation (FKF).

      Prior to 1996, Kenya's Harambee Stars had qualified for the AFCON three times in a row, in 1988, 1990 and 1992.

      After this, it failed to qualify until 2004 in Tunisia. Since then, it has been agonizing 14 years, during which the country has learned the value of sport and seen President Uhuru Kenyatta's regime help revamp the industry.

      As the country celebrates the return of the Harambee Stars to the AFCON, their journey now has a set destiny, as they plan to play warmup matches in Europe, and only fly into Egypt in June for the tournament.

      CAF has frequently withdrawn the tournament from a country after pumping in millions of dollars in preparation.

      In 2017, Libya lost the hosting rights to Gabon. Libya was hit with civil unrest after the overthrow and assassination of President Muammar Gaddafi in 2011, and could not complete the construction of infrastructure in time.

      Two years previously, the 2015 Cup of Nations ended up in Equatorial Guinea, which became the first country to host two AFCON tournaments within the space of three years, having co-hosted with neighbors Gabon back in 2012.

      Initial host Morocco's decision to request a postponement of the event was due to a fear of the Ebola epidemic arriving on their shores. Cote d'Ivoire won that tournament, beating Ghana 9-8 on penalties after a goalless draw in the final.

      Again in 2013, Libya once again lost out due to its civil war. They swapped with South Africa with hopes of hosting the 2017 tournament should normalcy resume in the country. It was during this period that the staging of the event was changed from even to odd years.

      In 2000, Zimbabwe's spirited efforts to convince CAF to allow them to stage the tournament were thwarted. Zimbabwe lost the finals because of the slow pace of construction of new stadiums, as well as the lack of financial guarantees from the government.

      Ghana and Nigeria were selected ahead of Morocco to stage the event. Ghana staged the opening show while Nigeria staged the final match and the closing ceremony. Cameroon won the championship, edging out Nigeria in the final.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001377630651
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 狠狠丁香激情久久综合| 国产亚洲精品A在线无码| 久久久久AV成人无码网站| 亚洲欧洲日韩国产综合在线二区| 波多野结衣久久高清免费| 水蜜桃一二二视频在线观看免费| 宁陕县| 亚洲精品123区在线观看| 白白色永久免费视频播放| 色婷婷综合久久久中文字幕 | 欧美一区二区三区久久综合| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区夜夜嗨 | 日韩视频无码免费一区=区三区| 久亚洲一线产区二线产区三线产区| 亚洲欧美日韩另类在线一| 黑人一区二区三区啪啪网站| 国产精品无码专区综合网| 日本人妻巨大乳挤奶水免费| 伊人久久婷婷综合五月97色| 国产亚洲精品综合一区| 国产精品亚洲精品日产久久久| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频AAA| 中国老熟女人hd| 蜜臀av中文人妻系列| 国产精品白浆视频一区| 67194熟妇在线观看线路1| 欧美性白人极品hd| 欧美精品v欧洲高清| 91久久精品一二三区蜜桃| 91情侣视频| 99青青青精品视频在线| 亚洲国产精品美女久久久| 无码电影在线观看一区二区三区| 国产精品亚洲а∨天堂2021| 日韩a级毛片| 日韩精品在线一区二区| 亚洲不卡电影| 在线中文字幕国产精品| 国产在线观看网址不卡一区| 伊人av一区二区三区中文字幕| 亚洲 另类 日韩 制服 无码|