亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. slaps sanctions on Venezuela's state-owned oil firm

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-29 09:43:23|Editor: mmm
      Video PlayerClose

      U.S.-WASHINGTON D.C.-VENEZUELA'S STATE-OWNED OIL FIRM-SANCTIONS

      U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin attends a press briefing at the White House in Washington D.C. Jan. 28, 2019. The United States on Monday slapped sanctions on Venezuela's state-owned oil firm Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A., or known as PDVSA. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- The United States on Monday imposed sanctions on a state-owned oil firm in Venezuela, the latest move of the Trump administration to mount pressure on President Nicolas Maduro to cede power to the opposition.

      The sanctions on Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A., or PDVSA, will block 7 billion U.S. dollars in assets and could result in a loss of 11 billion dollars in sales next year, U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton told a White House briefing.

      Washington's tough sanctions against Venezuela came days after it recognized the opposition leader Juan Guaido as interim president of the Latin American country, denouncing incumbent President Nicolas Maduro who won the elections last year with over two thirds of the votes.

      The U.S. Treasury described PDVSA as "a primary source of Venezuela's income and foreign currency" in a statement released later in the day, saying that the blacklist could help "prevent further diverting of Venezuela's assets by Maduro."

      As a result of Treasury's action, all property and interests in property of PDVSA subject to U.S. jurisdiction are blocked, and U.S. citizens are generally prohibited from engaging in transactions with them.

      In an effort to mitigate impact of the designation, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who also attended the White House briefing, told reporters that oil supplies were sufficient to guarantee only "very modest" effect on U.S. gas prices in the short term.

      In Monday's statement, the Treasury also declared that the path to sanctions relief is "through the expeditious transfer of control to the Interim President or a subsequent, democratically elected government."

      Meanwhile, the Treasury has been issuing general licenses that authorize certain transactions and activities related to PDVSA and its subsidiaries within specified timeframes.

      The United States, Brazil and some other countries have recognized Guaido's presidency, with U.S. President Donald Trump warning that "all options are on the table."

      Maduro, in response, announced the severing of "diplomatic and political" ties with the United States. Washington later said that it would conduct diplomatic relations through the government of "interim president."

      Mnuchin also said in the Treasury's statement that the United States will "continue to use the full suite of its diplomatic and economic tools to support" Guaido, head of the National Assembly, who declared himself interim president during an anti-government rally.

      Maduro on Sunday visited a military base in the northern state of Carabobo, exhorting the audience to be "Traitors never, loyal always," televised images showed.

      The military is planning larger exercises on Feb. 10-15, which Maduro said would be the "most important in the history of Venezuela."

      Maduro was elected in May last year with 67.84 percent of the votes, and he was sworn in as president on Jan. 10 for another six-year term. On Wednesday, Guaido, 35, declared himself interim president.

      As tensions between Maduro and Guaido continue, officials and experts worldwide have voiced concern over the situation, calling for dialogue to ease tension without outside influence.

      United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has urged all relevant actors to lower tensions and commit to dialogue to address the protracted crisis in Venezuela, after anti-government protests in the capital Caracas turned violent, said his spokesman on Thursday.

      Echoing Guterres' call for a dialogue, Alfred-Maurice de Zayas, a former UN independent expert, termed the current unrest as an "attempted coup" and said his concern is to avoid a civil war.

      China believes that Venezuela's affairs must and can only be decided by the its own people, a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Friday.

      China maintains that all countries should adhere to the purposes and principles of the United Nations Charter, especially the norms of international relations and international law, such as non-interference in each other's internal affairs, mutual respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity, and refraining from the threat of force, spokesperson Hua Chunying told a press briefing.

      KEY WORDS:
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001377833531
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 激情五月开心综合亚洲| 日本一区二区三区东京热| 国产精品一区二区久久精品蜜臀| 国产原创自拍三级在线观看| 国产一区二区三区欧美亚洲| 中文人妻无码一区二区三区| av国产剧情一区二区三区| 91久久精品一二三区蜜桃| 日本亚洲欧美色视频在线播放| 国产精品乱码久久久久久小说| 久久精品国产蜜臀av| 亚洲一区二区三区成人在线| 国产免费人成视频在线观看播放 | 无码AⅤ最新av无码专区| 免费国产不卡午夜福在线观看| 国产福利小视频高清在线观看| 亚洲av国产大片在线观看| 亚洲国产精品第一区二区三区| 在线看av一区二区三区| 日本高清另类videohd| 中文成人无字幕乱码精品| 一区二区三区四区亚洲天堂| 少妇高潮无码自拍| 欧美日韩激情| 亚洲中文字幕第二十三页| 99精品国产在热久久婷婷人| 久久AⅤ无码精品色午麻豆| 护士张开腿被奷日出白浆| 亚洲精品国产主播一区二区| 高唐县| 国产做床爱无遮挡免费视频| 国产精品美女久久久久av爽李琼| 亚洲成Av人片不卡无码观看| 敦煌市| 麻豆人妻无码性色AV专区 | 国产aaaaa一级毛片| 仙女白丝jk小脚夹得我好爽| 男女在线免费视频网站| 日韩毛片免费视频| 国内精品视频一区二区三区| 日本免费一区二区三区在线观看|