亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Southern forces seize 3 military bases of Yemen's gov't in Aden, 15 killed

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-08-10 22:39:57|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      ADEN, Yemen, Aug. 10 (Xinhua) -- Forces loyal to the Southern Transitional Council (STC) on Saturday seized control over three military bases of the Saudi-backed Yemeni government following four days of clashes in the southern port city of Aden.

      The STC's forces seized three bases of the presidential guard units tasked with protecting the headquarters of the country's cabinet in Aden after intense battles, according to a military official.

      The presidential guard troops engaged in fierce armed confrontations with the STC forces but failed to repulse the latter's attacks that left around 15 people killed from both sides, the official said.

      "Senior leaders and officers of the presidential guard forces fled Aden when the STC's forces stormed their locations," he added.

      Witnesses told Xinhua that heavy forces of the STC backed by armored vehicles entered the government's army bases in Aden.

      They confirmed that seven hours of intense clashes ended in capturing the government's military bases in Aden's neighborhood of Khormaksar as well as other government institutions in Aden.

      Several armored vehicles, tanks and weapons caches belonging to the government were seized by the STC forces that were deployed in the area, according to the witnesses near the scene.

      An army officer told Xinhua that warplanes of the Saudi Arabia-led coalition bombed reinforcements of extremists who were heading from neighboring Abyan province to fight against the STC forces.

      "The Saudi-led airstrikes precisely struck the convoy composed of terrorist and Islamist elements who were heading to fight the STC forces that played a role in combating terrorism," the officer said on condition of anonymity.

      Elsewhere in Aden, armed confrontations are still ongoing between the two warring rivals around the Presidential Palace in Crater neighborhood.

      The STC's forces intensified the armed attacks against the well-guarded palace as the government forces refused to surrender or leave the area, according to local sources.

      Explosions were heard in and around the densely populated neighborhood of Crater, where the last bastion of the Saudi-backed Yemeni government is located.

      A number of the government's special security units surrendered to the STC's forces peacefully without armed confrontations and announced loyalty to the Aden-based southern council.

      A source of Aden's local authority said that the STC's forces stormed the residential building of the country's Interior Minister Ahmed Maisry who fled using an armored vehicle towards the headquarters of the Saudi-led coalition forces in Aden.

      The fighting started when senior leaders of the STC accused the Saudi-backed Yemeni government of "backing Islamists and leaking information to the Iran-backed Houthis" who targeted an army base in Aden last week, killing scores of soldiers including commanders.

      The STC threatened "to seize the presidential palace and expel all the members of the Saudi-backed Yemeni government who are linked to Muslim Brotherhood parties."

      The Saudi-backed Yemeni government issued a statement and held the STC fully responsible for destabilizing the situation in Aden and fomenting trouble in the southern regions.

      On Wednesday, the UN Special Envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths expressed deep concerns over a military escalation in Aden and called on the parties involved to abandon violence and engage in the dialogue to resolve differences.

      Considered as Yemen's temporary capital, Aden is where the Saudi-backed Yemeni government has based itself since 2015.

      The impoverished Arab country has been locked in a civil war since late 2014, when Houthi rebels overran much of the country and seized all northern provinces, including the capital Sanaa.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091382993511
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本一区三级在线观看| 国产成人77亚洲精品www| 午夜福利不卡无码视频| 国产成人综合亚洲看片| 国产在线精品免费av| 日韩大片看一区二区三区| 国产青青草视频在线播放| 亚洲视频99| 久久亚洲精少妇毛片午夜无码| 狠狠躁天天躁中文字幕无码| 人妻熟妇乱又伦精品hd| 彰化县| 国产午夜av一区二区三区| 亚洲经典一区二区三区四区| 国产一区二区欧美丝袜| 九一九色国产| 在线看片国产免费不卡| 亚欧免费无码AⅤ在线观看| av在线网站手机播放| 亚洲另类春色国产精品| 在线播放中文字幕一区二区三区| 亚洲AV秘 无套一区二区三区| 亚洲免费日韩一区二区| 国产亚洲精品日韩香蕉网| 亚洲AV无码专区国产乱码DVD| 国产在线观看无码的免费网站| av大片在线无码永久免费网址| 熟女丝袜av一区二区三区四区| 日本精品一区二区在线看| 日韩在线观看 一区二区 | 日本韩国三级aⅴ在线观看| 久久亚洲中文字幕视频| 国产美女深夜福利在线一| 女同性恋亚洲一区二区| 久久99精品久久久66| а∨天堂一区中文字幕| 少妇人妻偷人精品无码视频| 济源市| 欧美一级鲁丝片免费一区| 无码国产片观看| 日本一区二区国产高清在线播放|