亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN officials voice concern over situation in South Sudan

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-25 07:58:39|Editor: Zhou Xin
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, Jan. 24 (Xinhua) -- UN officials on Wednesday expressed grave concern over the dire security and humanitarian situation in South Sudan.

      Although an agreement on the cessation of hostilities was signed on Dec. 21 and put into force days later, the security situation in the country remains volatile as there continue to be numerous violations of the agreement, UN Undersecretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations Jean-Pierre Lacroix told the Security Council.

      Those violations by the parties and the continuing hostile propaganda undertaken against one another are worrisome, as they illustrate a lack of will to honor their commitments, and undermine the regional and international efforts to revitalize the peace process, said Lacroix.

      He also expressed deep concern over the high level of human rights abuses and violations against civilians, mainly women and children. "The gravity of conflict-related sexual violence is deplorable and constitutes an emergency in its own right."

      The UN mission in South Sudan documented 111 incidents of conflict-related sexual violence in 2017, he said.

      That figure, he noted, is a very conservative one given that the mission's ability to perform its monitoring and reporting tasks to verify violations has been restricted by interference of government institutions and by difficulty in access.

      In 2017, there were 2,670 incidents of sexual and gender-based violence, he said, adding that those human rights violations are compounded by impunity, with perpetrators not being held accountable.

      A police officer, who was sentenced on Dec. 20 to three years imprisonment for raping a minor, was released the same day, allegedly on the order of the High Court Judge, said Lacroix. "This contributes to the perception of impunity across the country."

      Briefing the Security Council at the same meeting, UN Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Ursula Mueller also expressed concern over sexual violence in South Sudan.

      Humanitarian partners estimate that 1.8 million women and girls are at risk of gender-based violence in 2018, she said.

      Mueller reported shocking humanitarian conditions in the country.

      The latest food security analysis estimates that 5.1 million people are severely food insecure, an increase from the October-December period, she said. Some 1.5 million people are in emergency-level food insecurity, just one step away from famine, and around 20,000 people are already in famine conditions.

      The next lean season, which begins in March, is likely to see food security worsen, and could see famine conditions spread to several new locations across the country, she warned.

      Women and children are particularly vulnerable to food insecurity and their situation is projected to deteriorate. An estimated 250,000 children will be affected by severe acute malnutrition in 2018, she said.

      The alarming levels of food insecurity and malnutrition are closely linked to people's inability to plant or harvest due to the ongoing conflict and constraints upon their freedom of movement, she noted.

      Humanitarian access remains challenging in the war-torn country, resulting in delays and interruptions in humanitarian response, she said.

      Last year, at least 28 aid workers were killed in the line of duty, and more than 1,100 incidents were reported, the highest annual count since the start of the conflict. Those incidents included killings, kidnappings, attacks against humanitarian assets and bureaucratic impediments.

      The challenging operating environment is restricting the ongoing dry season pre-positioning of supplies and overall program delivery, she said.

      Humanitarian response in South Sudan for 2018 requires 1.7 billion U.S. dollars. The world body is trying to help 6 million people -- more than half of the population -- with life-saving aid and protection.

      Shortly after its independence from Sudan in 2011, South Sudan plunged into civil war. Up to 300,000 people are estimated to have been killed since late 2013. More than 2 million people have fled to neighboring countries, and an additional 1.9 million are internally displaced.

      UN officials have repeatedly pointed out that the tragedy is South Sudan is purely man-made with selfish and greedy politicians to blame.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001369224871
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 丁香六月久久| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品一区四| 国产情色一区二区三区| 一区二区三区精品高清日韩美| 亚洲熟妇夜夜一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品无码久久九九大片健 | 亚洲av成人在线网站| 国产人成无码视频在线1000| 国产精品呻吟久久av| 亚洲天堂自拍| 蜜桃一区二区午夜啪啪| 亚洲av一二三又爽又爽又色| 日韩人妻一级av一区二区| 一区在线播放| 国内精品伊人久久久影院| 国产一区二区无码蜜芽精品| 在线成人tv天堂中文字幕 | 亚洲第一黄色网址| 日韩精品视频免费久久| 韩国女主播一区二区在线观看| 亚洲AⅤ樱花无码| 日本少妇比比中文字幕| 在线观看美女网站大全免费| 无码国产精品色午夜| 国产一区二区丰满熟女人妻| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天不卡 | 亚洲呦女专区| 亚洲欧美日韩愉拍自拍美利坚| 谢通门县| 精品一区二区三区在线观看l| 免费无遮挡无码永久在线观看视频| 黑人上司好猛我好爽中文字幕 | 幺女国产一级毛片| 会泽县| 亚洲国产日韩在线精品频道| 97se亚洲综合在线天天| 国产91AV免费播放| 国产女奸网站在线观看| 国产精品va无码一区二区| 国产成人综合美国十次| 中文字幕国内一区二区|