亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Israel acknowledges striking suspected Syrian nuclear facility in 2007

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-21 22:07:01|Editor: Yurou
      Video PlayerClose

      JERUSALEM, March 21 (Xinhua) -- Israel's military on Wednesday went public for the first time about an air attack that destroyed a nuclear reactor in Syria in 2007, confirming the strike was planned and carried out by Israel.

      Early on Wednesday morning, the Israeli censor lifted an 11-year-old ban, revealing that Israel sent F-15 and F-16 warplanes in an overnight operation to bomb a partially-completed nuclear facility in al-Kubar near Deir ez-Zor, 450 km northeast of Damascus.

      Israel has long been widely believed to stand behind the secret mission, dubbed by the army "outside the box," but Wednesday's announcement was the first time it officially confirmed its involvement.

      Declassified surveillance photographs, footages, and maps, released by the army, show a box-like building in a desert area, which Israel's intelligence identified as a nuclear reactor that could become operational within months.

      A military spokesperson said in a statement that the reactor posed "a nuclear threat against the State of Israel and the entire region."

      Two groups of aircrafts took off from a military airbase in Israel at 22:30 (20:30 GMT) and flew low to stay undetected, according to the statement. They attacked at 00:45 (22:45 GMT.)

      "The whole operation took four hours," the military said. "The Military Intelligence Directorate estimated that the nuclear facility was damaged beyond repair."

      Preparations for the attack spanned over two years, in which officials in the Military Intelligence Directorate had been monitoring the project.

      The new documents show that the Israeli intelligence estimated that the facility would become active toward the end of 2007.

      "The Air Force had very little time to prepare the attack and account for possible contingencies, such as retaliation by the Syrian forces," the military said.

      "Once the attack plan was ready, however, it was possible to execute it within 12 hours from the moment the order was to be given."

      The army hinted it used also U.S. intelligence information and according to the Hebrew-language Ha'aretz newspaper, Israel told the United States about the planned attack in advanced.

      Israel did not say why it chose to publish the information about the attack.

      The declassification of the mission could be related to a memoir that former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who approved the operation in his former capacity, had written during his time in prison. Olmert was recently freed after serving a 14-month sentence for corruption offenses.

      His manuscript reportedly includes a chapter describing the mission and Olmert's part in it. Olmert's lawyer said the entire manuscript was sent to the censor for its approval to publish classified information.

      The declassification comes also amidst repeated calls by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for the United States and the international community to take a more aggressive action to stop Syria's ally, Iran, from establishing a foot in Syria.

      Netanyahu warned on several different occasions that Israel will not allow an Iranian presence on the ground of its northern neighbor, although he did not say what steps Israel considers to take should Iran establish permanent military bases in the war-torn country.

      Israeli Intelligence Minister Israel Katz said the attack should serve as a warning to Iran. "The successful operation... sends a clear message: Israel will never allow nuclear weapons to countries like Iran who threaten its existence."

      Israel's Chief of Staff Gadi Eizenkot, who served as commander of the Northern Command during the operation, said: "The lesson from the 2007 attack on the reactor is that the State of Israel will not accept the establishment of a capability that constitutes an existential threat to Israel. This is the message to our enemies in the near and far future."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370553961
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本在线免费观看一二区视频| 亚洲中文字幕无码中文字| 亚洲av日韩av综合aⅴxxx| 国产精品无码专区综合网| 青青草视频原手机在线观看| 免费人妻精品一区二区| 无码av一区在线观看| 欧美日韩国产在线人| 欧美人与动欧交视频| 在线一区二区三区视频观看| 亚洲乱精品中文字字幕| 91极品尤物在线观看播放| 欧美人禽zozo动人物杂交| 国产美女被遭强高潮露开双腿| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文9| 国产人妖xxxx做受视频| 岛国精品一区二区蜜桃| 国产aⅴ精品一区二区三区久久| 日本蜜桃视频在线观看| 按摩女内射少妇一二三区| 欧美成人免费午夜全| 午夜福利一区二区在线看| 一区二区三区国产97| 金山区| 国内精品视频成人一区二区 | 97免费在线观看视频| 高颜值国产女主播在线| 青青草亚洲在线一区观看| 日韩在线中文字幕一区二区三区| 亚洲国产成人久久综合电影| 中文www新版资源在线| 日韩熟女一区二区三区| 妇女自拍偷自拍亚洲精品| 亚洲性图日本一区二区三区| 性欧美暴力猛交69hd| 国产精品自拍激情在线观看| 日韩在线中文字幕一区二区三区| 亚洲熟妇无码AV在线播放| 中文字幕永久在线观看| 国产亚洲女人久久久久久| 在线免费欧美|