亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. to leave small group of troops in Syria

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-23 12:48:33|Editor: Yang Yi
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 22 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump said Friday that a small fraction of U.S. forces would remain in Syria with troops from other countries.

      "I am not reversing course ... we can leave a small force, along with others in the force, whether its NATO troops or whoever it might be," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, adding that "a lot of people like that idea."

      The United States would leave about 400 U.S. troops in two different regions of Syria, media reports on the same day quoted a senior administration official as saying.

      According to the official, half of them would join the multinational force of roughly 800 to 1,500 troops deployed in northeastern Syria to maintain a buffer between Turkey and U.S.-backed Kurdish forces. The rest 200 troops would stay at its base in al-Tanf, near the Syrian border with Iraq and Jordan.

      Currently, there are about 2,000 U.S. troops deployed in Syria. The White House said Thursday that the United States would leave 200 peacekeeping troops in Syria after the planned pullout.

      The commander of the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) reportedly called on Monday for about 1,000 to 1,500 international forces to remain in Syria to help fight the IS.

      The U.S. decision to keep troops in Syria came several days after U.S. European allies reportedly turned down a U.S. request to fill the gap with their troops.

      Allies have "unanimously" told the United States that they "won't stay if you pull out," the Washington Post earlier reported, citing a senior administration official.

      Declaring victory over the Islamic State (IS), Trump last December announced the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, leading to the resignation of then U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis.

      Acting Pentagon chief Patrick Shanahan and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford Friday held talks with their Turkish counterparts on the situation in Syria and other defense issues.

      Before the meeting, Dunford told the press that the mission for the remaining troops in Syria was to continue the campaign against the IS, and he believed that U.S. allies would "step up" to support the campaign.

      Dunford and Shanahan both declined to confirm the number of troops to stay in Syria.

      The United States and Turkey have been recently sparring over the fate of Kurdish militia in northern Syria, which is an ally of Washington in the campaign against the IS, but viewed as a "terrorist group" by Ankara.

      The United States last month proposed setting up a security zone in northeastern Syria, a move welcomed by Turkey. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his senior officials have insisted that the security zone should be exclusively under Turkish control.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001378444111
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产中文字幕一区二区| 91精品国产91热久久p| japanrcep老熟妇乱子伦视频| 97久久精品人人做人人爽 | av免费看网站在线观看| 亚洲AⅤ乱码一区二区三区| 精品无码一区二区三区在线| 免费无码成人AV在线播放不卡| av免费在线免费在线观看| 国产女奸网站在线观看| 亚洲熟伦在线视频| 亚洲精品午夜无码电影网| 91精品一区二区三区在线观看| 欧洲国产成人精品91铁牛tv| 熟女丝袜美腿亚洲一区二区三区| 国产一在线精品一区在线观看| 国产午夜福利高清在线观看| 精品国产亚洲av网站| 巨野县| 久久亚洲AV无码一区二区综合| 激情综合网激情五月俺也想| 一本色道久久99一综合| 一本久久综合亚洲鲁鲁五月夫| 国产成人综合久久久久久| 亚洲欧美成人aⅴ在线| 国产av剧情md精品磨豆| 免费a级毛片无码a∨免费| 视频网站在线观看不卡| 国产AV国片精品有毛| 亚洲群交| 高清国产美女av一区二区| 亚洲国产精一区二区三区性色| 丝袜足控一区二区三区| 亚洲欧美综合人成在线| 国产成人内射视频免费观看| 亚洲婷婷丁香激情| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产 麻豆 日韩 欧美 久久| 久久一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲va在线va天堂va四虎| 亚洲av激情一区二区|